The “Owner” is Genivy Wedding & Event Hire
- The “Hirer” refers to the person, firm, or corporation hiring equipment from the
- The “Equipment” means all the equipment and accessories supplied to the
- “Terms” means these Terms and Conditions of Hire
- "Booking" means any written booking or order made by the Hirer to Genivy Wedding & Event Hire for Equipment and/or
2. CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Owner and the Hirer, these terms and conditions shall be the only terms and conditions on which the Owner will provide the goods and or services to the
- These Terms are deemed to be accepted by the Hirer on payment of a booking deposit, on receipt by the
- The hiring of the equipment will commence from the commencement date specified on the Hirer invoice or booking form and continue for the term The Hirer is entitled to use the equipment for the hire period. Any extension of the period must be agreed to the owner.
- The Hirer shall not remove the Hire equipment or any part thereof from the situation and position of its installation without consent from the
- The Hirer agrees not to use the equipment at locations or purposes different to the equipment’s general designated purpose and specified suitability (such as indoor versus outdoor use).
- The Hirer acknowledges responsibility for the equipment and is liable for any
3. BOOKING FORM
All Equipment hire requests must be completed on the agreed booking form and sent to the Owner for confirmation that the Equipment will be available on the day of hire.
4. HIRE CHARGES & DELIVERY
- All prices are exclusive to GST and delivery These are extra unless otherwise stated.
- The amount quoted is for use of equipment for up to 24 hours, if any additional hours or days are required, additional costs
- OWNER TO DELIVER AND PICK UP HIRE ITEMS:
- Delivery and pick up of goods being provided during hours of 7 am to Monday to Sunday
- Any delivery outside ordinary delivery hours may incur an extra
- The public Holiday surcharge applies to all bookings on public
- Delivery being made to street level; grounds or floors being level and clear; If delivery is required to higher ground level, the Owner must be notified before the deposit is paid as an extra surcharge
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure measurements of Hire Equipment supplied by the Owner is appropriate for the event space including ceiling heights, door, and stair
- If upon delivery the Hire Equipment does not fit, the Owner has the right to refuse delivery with no refund of hire
- If additional delivery is required, the Hirer is subject to a redelivery
- All delivery bookings are subject to the availability of Genivy Wedding & Event Hire resources and will be confirmed by Genivy Wedding & Event Hire prior to the delivery. (Please note that we will not be setting up items at your venue unless a setup fee has been )
- Please also note that there may be additional “waiting” charges if our staff or contractors cannot gain access to the venue at the agreed times.
- HIRER TO PICK UP AND RETURN HIRE ITEMS:
Please ensure your vehicles have suitable space for items being transported:
- Covered vehicles only, such as vans and trucks (NO OPEN TRAILERS), the Owner may refuse to lend the Hirer items if the vehicles are deemed unsafe or
- Items must be secured by heavy-duty straps to prevent falling off or moving around
- A 10% late fee will be charged if the Hirer or the Hirer’s authorized pick-up person arrives 30 mins past the scheduled pick-up time, except if the Hirer contacts the Owner to change the arrival
- A 10% late fee will be charged if the Hirer or the Hirer’s authorized drop-off person arrives 60 mins past the scheduled drop-off time, except if the Owner agrees the Hirer drop off the items at a different
5. DEPOSIT & PAYMENTS
- A 25% deposit is required within 24hrs of receiving your invoice unless clause 3 applies. Failure to do so will result in all requested hire equipment being made available again for public hire. Full payment is to be paid no later than 7 days prior to the date of the hirer’s event. Failure to make this payment deadline will result in goods and services not being dispatched or undertaken.
- Deposits are non-refundable, and transferrable; however, it can be exchanged for a credit note if agreed by the
- If the order placed less than 30 days from the event date, then payment in full is required within 24 hours from the invoice issue
- Payment must be made by the bank
- The Hirer agrees to pay any expenses incurred or loss suffered by the Owner as a result of a breach by the Hirer of its obligations pursuant to these Terms (including legal and debt recovery costs).
6. CANCELLATION AND VARIATIONS
- Unless Weather clauses apply, Cancellations made by the client must be in writing, and cancellations made after the deposit has been made will be subject to the following:
- More than 30 days prior to the date of hire: Subject to 15% of the total amount of the hire value plus costs incurred in the preparation of any custom designed or ordered
- Less than 30 days prior to date of hire: Subject to 50% of the total amount of the hire value plus costs incurred in the preparation of any custom designed or ordered
- Less than 14 days to the date of hire: Subject to 100% of the total amount of the hire value
- If through any circumstances the Owner is unable to provide goods, then the Owner may:
- Make changes to the goods provided that the end performance is not materially prejudiced, or cancel any order (even if it has already been accepted) by notice in The Owner will provide a full refund to the Hirer.
7. Security Bond
Every item in our hire shop requires a security /damage bond to be paid by the Hirer and held by the Owner which will be returned when the safe return of all items in the same condition as were hired out to the hirer and within the booking period allocated.
The amount of bond will be held for all bookings.
8. WEATHER CLAUSES
We do not hire in bad weather conditions as units can become dangerous. All outdoor installations run the risk of cancellation due to the weather and we will contact you to reschedule the date or provide you with a full refund.
9. CLEANING & PRODUCT HIRE CONDITIONS
- Upon completion of the hiring, the equipment must be properly cleaned the Balloons, flowers or any form of decoration that was not supplied with the Hire Equipment needs to be removed and ready for pickup for the Owner.
- If items are returned unclean, a cleaning fee depending on the condition will be
- Cake stands should be wiped down with a microfibre cloth that is a little damp and then dried with a dry towel. All dessert residues must be removed from the cake DO NOT wash cake stands under the sink as this will damage the cake stands entirely.
- If vinyl or signage is placed on any products, this must all be removed after the use of the product, otherwise, a cleaning fee to remove will be charged to
10. DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT
- The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment for any reason whatsoever except loss or damage which is caused by reasonable wear and
- If damage or loss occurs while in the Hirers care, a repair or a full replacement cost will be
- All packaging materials and tools are to be returned with the hired
- The Hirer will assume the risk of indemnity and hold the Owner harmless from and against any or all property damage and personal injury resulting from the use of the Equipment. The Hirer hereby releases the Owner from and agrees to indemnify the Owner in respect of any third-party claims, actions, demands, costs, and expenses for damage or injury to person or property arising directly or indirectly out of the hire or use of the Equipment by the Hirer or these
- The Hirer shall be liable to effect public risk insurance in relation to the Products for the duration of the period of